The Architectural Technology Program has, from its inception over 40 years ago, been a force in training people for the architectural and engineering fields. In a rapidly changing world we pride ourselves on staying ahead of the field in technology and program curriculum. Our instructors are all working professionals with impressive backgrounds in their respective fields able to apply their experiences to the classroom setting.
- Structural engineering
- Urban planning
- Landscape design
- Interior design
- Building inspection
- Building estimating
- Facilities management
Employment and Salary Information (Employment Graduate Report) (PDF)
Graduation requirements: 68 credits and a GPA of 2.0 (C) or above; average of 2.0 (C) or above required to occupational specific courses.
- Demonstrate CAD skills using Industry-standard software commensurate with an AEC project.
- Interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of building codes and their applications to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the building occupants.
- Communicate technical/design information clearly and professionally to peers, supervisors and clients.
- Ability to draw commonly accepted architectural details and sections for various materials.
- Apply math skills commensurate with performing basic design and structural calculations and material take offs.
- Apply general computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, file management, and other programs as applied to architectural work.
- Work as a team member by demonstrating good communication and listening skills, cooperation, and providing a supportive environment.
- Apply a working knowledge of structural, heating, plumbing, electrical and other mechanical systems within a building.
- Communicate clearly and professionally in both written and oral communications to peers, supervisors, and clients, using positive interpersonal skills including but not limited to, empathy, active listening, and flexibility.
- Demonstrate an understanding of sustainable building philosophy and an ability to apply a working knowledge of sustainable building considerations and techniques to an AEC project.
Submitted by : Bob Corbett, Rich Wandschneider, Devin Rains, Jim Grenzow.
Rv: Rebecca Parish 8-27-2012