Once you have received official notification from the college of your acceptance into the program, there are steps you need to take to ensure you are ready to enroll in classes.
- Activate your Student Account for access to student email, your online myMadisonCollege Student Center and Blackboard. Keep your contact information up to date in your Student Center, so you will be sure to receive notifications from the college in a timely manner.
- Take the COMPASS placement test in order to meet pre-requisites for enrolling in classes OR have official ACT scores on file at the college.
- If you completed coursework at another college/university, check your Academic Advisement Report in your Student Center to determine if the desired transfer credit has been applied. If not, request a Transfer Credit Evaluation.
- Attend a mandatory program orientation to enroll in your program classes. Failure to attend this orientation may result in dismissal from the program. Visit the Orientation web page for dates and invitation information.
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the Financial Aid Standards of Progress (SAP).
Stay in the Loop -- Know where to look for important messages and information:
myMadisonCollege Student Center:
- "To Do" List - Check for any missing required financial aid items
- MyAlerts - View time sensitive and confidential notifications regarding enrollment or student account status.
- MyAnswers - Submit questions to staff, view responses, and track in-person and/or phone interactions.
- Student Email - The Madison College email is the official form of communication at the college
- Personal Email - Invitations to orientation/advising & registration may be sent to the personal email account on file in your Student Center. Be sure to keep it updated!