Student Ambassador Position Description
Position: Madison College Student Ambassador
Hours: Varies depending on interests and availability
Compensation: $9.10/ hour (work study or Student Help Position).
Duration: July 1, 2015 β June 30, 2016
Reports to: Doug Kirchberg, Student Ambassador Coordinator
Provide college tours to prospective Madison College students and community members.
Attend on-going trainings, retreats and orientations for the Student Ambassador program.
Serve as a positive role model for youth and new students.
Contribute and interact positively and persuasively with new and prospective students both over the phone and face to face.
Serve as a peer advisor and resource person for fellow students by:
- Supporting students with matters related to: registration, MyMadisonCollege account creation and activation, navigating the Student Center, online resources, schedule planning, and general college resources.
- Helping with campus tours and back-to-school events.
- Assisting at college-wide events.
Work events as assigned, including, but not limited to:
- WolfPack Welcome β Mid to late August in fall, early January in spring.
- Welcome Back Event β First two days of fall and spring semester.
- Advising & Registration events β from April-August and November-December.
- Madison College graduation ceremony in December and May.
- Events requested by the Madison College President and Board.
Administrative Tasks as assigned by the Student Ambassador supervisor(s).
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average.
- Enrolled in at least six credits at Madison College during Student Ambassador Program.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as leadership qualities.
- Reliable, flexible and punctual. Available to work on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated record of leadership and maturity.
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team and facilitate group discussions and present to small and large groups of people within a diverse population.
- Enjoy assisting others and contributing to their success as well as the success of Madison College.
- Desire to learn about Madison College, its traditions, regulations, programs and services.
- Ability to operate computer hardware/software and office equipment including photocopier, printer, fax machine, and email.
- Must be available to attend required training sessions.
Ranges from 4 hours/week to 20 hours per/week depending on the semester, students availability and interests.
Student Ambassadors are required to:
- Attend paid Student Ambassador training sessions. Schedule to be determined.
- Attend Student Ambassador meetings (one hour every-other week).
- Lead tours for prospective students. Each ambassador is required to give three tours a semester.
- Assist with WolfPack Welcome and other new student transition initiative. If assigned this task, you will work up to 10 hours a week at the beginning of each semester and the hours will vary thereafter.
- Assist with advising and registration sessions in the months of May-August. If assigned this task, you will work up to 20 hours per week, after commencement.
- Participate in college-wide events as available.
Ambassador Co-Leads (2 students):
- Assist with event and tour coordination process.
- Organize and coordinate ambassador retreats.
- Plan and run ambassador meetings.
- Serve as point persons for student involvement follow-up process.
Awards and recognitions:
- Opportunity to apply to be a candidate for the WTCS State Ambassador Program.
- Student Ambassadors will be publicized in Madison College announcements, publications, bulletin boards and web pages.
- Qualify for annual ambassador of distinction award recognition.
- Recognized at Celebration of Student Success.