Student Ambassador Position Description
Position: Madison College Student Ambassador
Hours: Varies depending on interests and availability
Compensation: $9.35/ hour (work study or Student Help Position).
Duration: July 1, 2016 β June 30, 2017
Reports to: Doug Kirchberg, Student Ambassador Coordinator
Provide college tours to prospective Madison College students and community members.
Attend on-going trainings, retreats and orientations for the Student Ambassador program.
Serve as a positive role model for youth and new students.
Serve as a peer advisor and resource person for fellow students by:
- Supporting students with matters related to: registration, MyMadisonCollege account creation and
activation, navigating the Student Center, online resources, schedule planning, and general college
- Helping with back-to-school events.
- Assisting at college-wide events.
Work events as assigned, including, but not limited to:
- WolfPack Welcome β Mid July to late August in fall, early January in spring.
- Welcome Back Event β First two days of fall and spring semester.
- Advising & Registration events β from April-August and November-December.
- Madison College graduation ceremony in December and May.
- Events requested by the Madison College President and Board.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average.
- Enrolled in at least six credits each semester.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as leadership qualities.
- Reliable, flexible and punctual. Available to work on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team and facilitate group discussions and present to small and large groups of people within a diverse population.
- Enjoy assisting others and contributing to their success as well as the success of Madison College.
- Must be available to attend required training sessions.
- Work hours vary from week to week, depending upon event schedule.
- Ranges from 4 to 19 hours a week during the school year, and up to 30 hours a week during the summer.
- Student Ambassadors must attend bi-weekly meetings (paid).
- Student Ambassadors may have opportunities to work additional hours in Student Life.
Student Ambassadors are required to:
- Attend paid Student Ambassador training sessions. Schedule to be determined.
- Attend Student Ambassador meetings (one hour every-other week).
- Lead tours for prospective students. Each ambassador is required to give four tours a semester.
- Assist with WolfPack Welcome and other new student transition initiatives.
- Assist with Advising and Registration sessions in the months of May-August.
- Work at college-wide events as available.
- Check the Ambassador Blackboard site at least twice a week. Indicate availability on event and tour sign up sheets.
National Society of Leadership and Success Program Coordinators
We will need four to six ambassadors to serve as the coordinators for our new National Society of Leadership and Success Program.
These coordinators will be selected from the Student Ambassador team and will be paid for the time they spend coordinating these activities. Duties will include:
- Organize and run leadership webinars (6 to 8 a year) provided by the National Society of Leadership and Success.
- Promote the leadership opportunities available in Student Life, including the Leadership Certificate, membership in the National Society of Leadership and Success and Service Learning opportunities.
- Assist students with reporting leadership activities using The Link curriculum to fulfill the Leadership Certificate.
- Track progress of Leadership Certificate participates, promote opportunities that will help them fulfill requirements.
- Help plan and coordinate any Adventure Leadership Series workshops offered by Student Life.