In order for the Financial Aid Office to determine your eligibility for financial aid and potentially offer you a financial aid package, you must complete the following steps:
1. Submit the FAFSA. To determine grant, work study and loan eligibility, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic year. Visit the FAFSA Assistance webpage for additional information.
2. Apply for Scholarships (optional, but recommended). Scholarships require separate applications from the FAFSA and eligibility requirements vary by scholarship. All students are encouraged to apply.
Once you have completed the steps above and the Financial Aid Office has completed initial processing, they will communicate your next steps towards receiving your financial aid.
5. Monitor your Student Email and myMadisonCollege Student Center.
6. Evaluate your Award Notification. Notification is sent to your student email once your financial aid package has been awarded. Review your Award Notification in your myMadisonCollege Student Center for important action items and next steps.
7. Complete Loan Requirements (if applicable). If you accepted Federal Direct Loans as part of your award, you must complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) on the Student Loans website.
After you complete all of the previous applicable steps, continue to monitor your Student Email and myMadisonCollege Student Center, as activity from financial aid will continue into the semester.
8. Book Charge Process (if applicable) – Students who qualify for the Book Charge Process can charge books and/or software listed on their class syllabus.
9. Disbursements & Refunds – All financial aid funding begins disbursing after the Date of Record. Students in unique situations may have later disbursement dates due to Federal Regulations.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS – In order to remain eligible for financial aid, you must meet certain academic requirements referred to as Satisfactory Academic Progress.
SUMMER FINANCIAL AID – If you wish to request financial aid for the summer, you must complete the Summer Financial Aid Request Form once it becomes available for the upcoming summer.
Questions? Visit askMadisonCollege to view frequently asked Financial Aid questions, submit a Financial Aid Category question, access the Financial Aid Tutorials for step-by-step instructions on related processes, or contact Madison College Financial Aid at (608) 246-6170.