The Discussion Board is a communication tool that may be used in your Blackboard class. An instructor adds a forum and conversations are grouped in discussion threads.
Posts can be saved, viewed by the rest of the class, and may even be graded by your instructor.
- Click Discussion Board on the left side of the screen.
- To read messages from other students, click on the message subject.
- To respond, Click on the Reply button, Fill in the message, Scroll down and Click the Submit button.
- Post your own message by clicking on Add New Threads. Fill in the message, Click Submit, then OK and your message is posted.
Discussion boards - SP13 for summer 2014 courses
Discussion boards - SP14 for fall 2014 courses after August 8, 2014
Video - Discussions
Why can't I see my thread in a discussion board?
- Discussion boards have both "Save" and "Submit" buttons. "Save" means that you plan to continue to work on the assignment. Your instructor and other students cannot see your assignment until you click "Submit". You are the only one who can see your drafts.
- If you save a post to finish later, you may need to change the display to "view all" instead of "published" so that you can retrieve and modify your draft.
- When you have completed a thread posting, be sure to click "Submit" so that your instructor and other students can view it.
Why am I getting a 404 error, blank screen, or other error message when trying to add a file to a discussion post?
The most common reason is that your filename contains special characters such as ?, !, #, /, %,: * or \ .Don't use symbols or blank spaces in the filename. Keep the filename short - it should be less than 32 characters. Use only letters, numerals, and underscores in the document name.
If you rename the file, you should be able to upload the item to Blackboard.