Discover free online career planning resources.
- Whether you know what you want to do, or are just starting to explore careers, www.mynextmove.org has a ton of information about careers and the skills and abilities you will need to succeed. Find the right match for you!
- Do you want to know where the “hot jobs” are in Wisconsin? Or maybe the high paying jobs? Find out at www.worknet.wisconsin.gov.
- Search careers, education options and job listings nationwide at www.myskillsmyfuture.org.
- Learn about hundreds of different jobs, training and education required, earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, and working conditions with the Occupational Outlook Handbook at www.bls.gov/oco.
- Find information specific to healthcare careers at www.vcn.org/healthcare.
For additional career planning assistance, view the online career and employment resources or attend a Career Planning Workshop available from the Career and Employment Center.
High School Student Resources
- Search colleges and careers by career cluster, create your own learning plan for high school and college, and find out what courses your high school has that are in your interest area at www.wicareerpathways.org/students.
- Map your interests to your future pathways. Explore your community and talk with local leaders to learn the steps that they took to get to where they are today. View www.roadtripnation.com to see the TV show and view archived interviews with a wide range of individuals across the country!
- Get ready for college and careers. Check out www.knowhowtogowisconsin.org for step by step info for middle school and every year of high school.
- Visit www.studentcareerinfo.com to view videos of experts talking about their careers and how they got there, live streamed to your high school classroom or watch the archived presentations!
For additional assistance, contact your high school guidance counselor or the Center for College and Career Transitions.