Carpentry Apprenticeship Outcomes
- Layout and install concrete forms including, footings, walls, stairs, tilt-up, pre-cast, slab and deck bridges and symon.
- Frame and install gable roofs, hip roofs, valley and jack rafters, decking and sheathing, pre-engineered joists, wall and stairs in industrial, highway, residential and commercial structures.
- Install exterior finishes to include wall covers, overhangs, vinyl and aluminum siding, shingles, doors and window units, exterior trim and caulking.
- Install interior finishes, including cabinets, paneling, shelving, trim doors, locks, jambs, formica and hardware.
- Install interior systems including metal studs, metal jambs, drywall, partitions, ceilings, grids, and insulation and sound control units.
- Install and operate different types of scaffolding, including tube/clamps, aerial, metal frame.
- Use transit and levels.
- Interpret blue prints.
- Operate different types of welding equipment.
- Take part in certification training for scaffolding, welding, rigging, OSHA, fork life and aerial lifts.
- Skill used of power and hand tools for drilling, tapping, alignment, basic layout, and the repair and settings of machinery.
- Skilled in working in teams and with other trades.