Choosing a career or academic program often begins with better understanding yourself. The career planning process encourages you to gain self-knowledge through assessment, reflection and understanding the world of work. View a short video regarding the career development process.
Resources to help you choose a career or program
- Learn about Madison College's many academic programs.
- Prospective students, attend one of Madison College's interactive visit opportunities.
- Register to attend a Career Planning Workshop.
- Research information regarding employment trends, salaries, and employers that hired Madison College graduates in the Graduate Report.
- Locate relevant job search materials on the internet by consulting the Career & Employment Center Online Resource Guide. (PDF, 235KB)
- Check out some of our recommended career sites:
- Utilize online career planning tools like Career Cruising. Please use the following to login to the Career Cruising website. Username: matc | Password: truaxdec
- Use Skills Explorer to explore jobs related to the skills and training you already have.
- Try My Next Move, an interactive tool, to learn more about career options.
- Current students and alumni may meet with an advisor or counselor for assistance with career exploration. We strongly recommend attending a Career Planning Workshop first.
- Current students and alumni may access a variety career books and multimedia resources in the Career & Employment Center, Truax Campus, room A1003.