Continuing education opportunities enhance your career and enrich your life!
By taking a non-credit class, seminar or workshop you can add valuable skills to your resume, explore new interests and have fun. Non-credit offerings include:
Explore possibilities with Continuing Education
Become more computer savvy, plan ahead for retirement, explore culinary adventures, learn a new language or master skills in jewelry design, woodworking or photography through continuing education non-credit courses.
Continuing education courses are offered at all campuses and at hundreds of community locations including public schools, senior centers, neighborhood centers, libraries and area churches.
Meet specific needs and requirements
Fill specific needs such as licensing or certification with courses, training and workshops.
- Add some vroom vroom to your life with our very popular Motorcycle Safety Program. Learn safe driving techniques in this course certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and approved by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Prepare for state electrical exams with specialized training from our Construction, Manufacturing, Apprenticeship and Transportation Center.
- Meet continuing education requirements with classes for firefighters from our Human and Protective Services Center.
- Take certification and recertification courses in sanitation for food service managers through the Center for Business and Applied Arts.
- Fulfill Wisconsin statutes requiring new applicants, bartenders and operators to complete training before obtaining beverage licenses; call (608) 258-2450 for information. Our Beverage Server course educates owners, operators and employees of the food and beverage industry on responsible beverage service.
- Request customized business training through our Business, Industry and Community Services (BICS) department.
Finding and registering for noncredit classes
Browse current non-credit (enrichment) classes or go to myMadisonCollege to do a targeted search. In the course search form, select the "Non-degree career" option from the course career dropdown list to locate all the non-credit offerings. Register for non-credit classes through myMadisonCollege.
For more information, explore our Continuing Education pages. For Madison area and Dane County classes, use the Continuing Education contact form or call (608) 258-2301. For non-credit offerings at Fort Atkinson, Portage, Reedsburg or Watertown, contact your campus directly.