Core Workforce Skills
Core Workforce Skills are common workplace skills noted as important to local employers. Currently a research project is underway to document student achievement of these skills. Visit the Big 6 #4 project page for details.
What are they?
- Core "soft" skills validated by local industry representatives and stakeholders
- Macro, transferable outcomes that go beyond the context of a specific course, program, or discipline
Why use them?
- Meet specific needs of local employers
- Prepare students to work effectively in a diverse and global job market
- Close the skills gap industry perceives with hired graduates
How do we assess them?
- Use a universal rubric to capture evidence of student performance