Transfer Credit From Another College

Requirements for Transferring Prior Credits Earned:

  • The total of all credit for prior learning cannot exceed 75 percent of the credits required for graduation.
  • Only courses with an earned grade of C or better (i.e. not C- or CD) will be considered.

How to Request Transfer Credit:

Madison College automatically evaluates official transcripts from all accredited higher education institutions for general education credits (e.g. 100-200 level classes) in: Economics, English, Math, Psychology, Sociology and Speech. A request form is NOT required.

In addition to those subjects listed above, Madison College will also automatically evaluate official transcripts submitted from UW System, Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) and Edgewood College for the following general education (e.g. 100-200 level) subjects: Art, History, Music, Performing Arts, Physical Education, Science, and World Language. A request form is NOT required.

For instructions on how to send your official transcripts to Madison College, visit the Transcripts web page.

To request a Transfer Credit Evaluation for program-specific courses, or general education courses other than those outlined above:

  1. Print your Transfer Credit Report (found in your myMadisonCollege Student Center under the other academic dropdown) to determine what, if any, transfer credit has already been posted
  2. Print off course syllabi for the courses you are requesting to be evaluated
  3. Complete and submit the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form (PDF, 891 KB) along with the above mentioned documentation.
  4. Please allow up to 6 weeks for evaluation of transfer credit to be posted to your myMadisonCollege Student Center. 

International Transcript Requirements:

International Transcripts must be translated into English and require additional external evaluation. See the International Student Credit Evaluation web page for details.

Transfer Credit Evaluation Appeals:

In the event that a student is not satisfied with the award of transfer credit, he/she has the right to appeal. The appeal should be emailed to along with supporting documentation.

For additional assistance regarding transfer credit evaluations, search transfer credit FAQs on askMadisonCollege, email or call the Enrollment Center at (608) 246-6210.