Dislocated Worker Program

 photo of returning adult studentsA Dislocated Worker is anyone that has lost their job due to no fault of their own.

 If you are unemployed due to your job being eliminated, department or company down size, loss of business, or company going out of business or relocating to another part of the country, then, you need to investigate dislocated worker options. You can begin by getting registered with your local job center's dislocated worker program. Once you have been registered and approved for services, then you should put together a plan to obtain your next job or career. 
Madison College has collaborated with Work Force Development and the Job Centers to provide opportunities for continued education, certifications and diploma completion for many years. Now that we are experiencing a very serious economic downturn in our economy, Madison College has increased the number of retraining short term and regular program opportunities for dislocated workers and under-employed adults returning to school seeking further education.
Dislocated Workers interested interested in attending Madison College may schedule an individual appointment with a Madison College counselor, by calling (608) 246-6076 to arrange a time to meet with one of our counselors
Returning to college for retraining is a major decision. Please seek advice and guidance to help you make the right decision for you. If you are not sure what your next step should be or you need technology or additional education to help you get back into college or a program, speak to a counselor. Adults returning to college, often have additional responsibilities and barriers they need to address before getting started with a career change plan.  Our counselors are available to help you create a plan that is tailor made for you.