Educational Programs Available to International Students
According to state of Wisconsin statutes, international students are classified as "out-of-state students" or as "non-residents" of the state of Wisconsin for tuition and enrollment purposes.
Madison College must admit qualified applicants in the following order:
- District (local) residents;
- Non-district, but in-state residents; and
- Out-of-state residents.
Is my desired Program of Study available?
For high demand programs, out-of-state non-residents are not permitted to be added to lists of qualified applicants waiting for program admission. For this reason, not all programs are available to non-residents and non-residents cannot be added to wait lists for closed programs, such as Nursing, Animation, or Physical Therapy. Please visit waitlisted programs to learn if your interested program of study is available. Admission to other programs may be permitted on a space-available basis. Only the programs that are still available will be displayed in the online application form.
Helpful tips to consider:
- Apply early when more program openings are available.
- Consider second or third program options in case your first choice is not available.
- Consider applying for the Liberal Arts Transfer program. This program does not close and the courses offered in this program are especially useful if you plan to continue studying for a Bachelor's degree at another college or university in the United States.