What to Expect
When you arrive, you will complete an intake form and listen to a brief overview of the orientation process, classes offered and additional services available. You will then take an assessment test to determine your current skills level. After you complete the assessment, you will receive your results and what courses are available to you based on your scores.
- No appointment needed
- You must arrive on time! Seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and are limited!
- There is no fee - the orientation is free
- No children allowed
- The orientation lasts around 4 hours, so please plan appropriately
- Results are given upon test completion - the scores are used for class placement
- If you have a disability and need accommodations, please call (608) 259-2950 for assistance
- Use the City of Madison - State Street Capitol Parking ramp (currently $1.25/hour).
- ESL classes at Madison College are offered to adults who are permanent residents of Wisconsin, refugees or US Citizens. We are unable to provide classes to individuals who hold a temporary, non-immigrant U.S. visa including but not limited to B, F, J, and/or H.
ESL Orientations 2013-2014 - English (PDF, 193KB, 1 page) or see our online Calendar