What to Expect
When you arrive, you will complete an intake form and listen to a brief overview of the orientation process, classes offered and additional services available. You will then take a computerized assessment test to determine your current skills level. After you complete the assessment, will recieve your results and what courses are available to you based on your scores.
- No appointment necessary
- Please arrive by the start time - seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- There is no fee to take the ESL Compass test
- No children allowed
- The orientation and testing can take 2-3 hours, so please plan appropriately
- Use the City of Madison - State Street Capitol Parking ramp (currently $1.25/hour)
- If you have a disability and need accommodations, please call (608) 259-2950 for assistance.
Printable ESL Orientation Dates Flyer - Spring 2013 (PDF, 31KB)