Your academic success is important to us.
When you enroll in classes, a commitment is made to participate and attend. If you change your mind, the classes dropped are subject to the Wisconsin Technical College System Refund Policy.
Before dropping courses, you should work with instructors to see if arrangements can be made to complete class work.
If an unexpected situation beyond your control (extenuating circumstance) requires you to drop courses, you may request a partial tuition credit be applied to future coursework taken at Madison College.
An extenuating circumstance may be:
- The death of an immediate family member.
- A medical emergency for you or your dependent.
- An unscheduled Guard/Reserve obligation that required an extended absence.
Before you make a request:
- If you have already been granted an Extenuating Circumstance, you are not eligible to submit another request.
- Past due tuition will block course registration. Tuition must be paid in order to register for future classes while the Extenuating Circumstance is reviewed.
How to make a request:
- Answer the "Do I qualify for an Extenuating Circumstance?" questions.
- If you qualify for this process, you will be presented with the Extenuating Circumstance form.
- Print and submit per the instructions on the form. If you have questions, call the Enrollment Center at (608) 246-6210.
Your personal success is important to us.
Counseling Services offers a range of professional support for both personal and academic needs. Individual and/or group meetings are available. Call (608) 246-6076 to schedule an appointment.