Federal Grants

To qualify for any grants you must complete the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have financial need. Funding is not available for students that have completed a bachelor’s or professional degree program, including completing the equivalent academic program curriculum requirements. 

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell grant is funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Award amounts will vary based on your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by your FAFSA and your enrollment status. If you are not enrolled for the semester at the time of your initial award, the amount will be based on an anticipated full-time status. The amount is subject to change as financial aid awards are based on enrollment as of 4:30 p.m. on the Date of Record for each semester. It is strongly recommended that you should not base your enrollment status on the amount of aid that you may be eligible for as higher enrollment means higher costs.

Lifetime Federal Pell Grant eligibility is limited to 12 semesters, or the equivalent. You can check your Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) through the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). To learn more about this limit, visit the Calculating Pell Grant Lifetime Eligibility Used website.

Some remedial courses may be considered for Pell Grant eligibility. This is based on recommendations from an Academic Advisor and completion of a Remedial Class Recommendation form.

Students with remaining PELL eligibility at the end of the academic year may qualify for the Federal Pell grant for summer. For more information, see the Summer Financial Aid web page.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The FSEOG is funded by the U.S. Department of Education. It is available to high-need students on the basis of financial need. To be eligible, you must be enrolled at a half time status (6 credits) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.