If you meet all of the eligibility requirements, you may be able to charge up to $800 for textbooks needed for your class(es).
New for Fall 2014:
We heard you! The Book Charge is being extended!
Fall 2014 dates: August 18 thru September 12
*If there is a Hold on your account, click the name and it will tell you the reason for the Hold and how to resolve it.
I'm Eligible! Now what?
- If you meet all of the eligibility requirements, you will have a Hold indicator on your myMadisonCollege Student Center account labeled "FA Bookstore Charge Sent" which will include the dollar amount (up to $800) you are able to charge.
- To use the book charge funds during the specified dates:
- Go to the Madison College bookstore with your student ID (OneCard) -OR-
- Go to madisoncollegebookstore.com to order your textbooks online and have them shipped directly to you or to any college campus bookstore. View the textbook ordering instructions (PDF, 150 KB) for utilizing the financial aid book charge as payment.
- After books are purchased, the charges will appear on your myMadisonCollege Student Center account. All financial aid funding will begin disbursing after the Date of Record. At that time, those funds will be applied your balance. If there is funding left over once tuition, fees and the amount of the bookstore charge is paid, refund checks will be sent beginning the week of September 22, 2014.
- Charged books may be returned according to the bookstore return policy. If the textbook meets the return criteria, a credit will be applied to your account. There are no cash refunds.
- Once the Book Charge Process time period has expired, you will need to purchase books and/or supplies on your own.
Note: The Financial Aid Book Charge Process is not available during summer semesters.
If you have additional questions, visit askMadisonCollege to view frequently asked Financial Aid questions, submit a Financial Aid Category question or contact Madison College Financial Aid at (608) 246-6170.