AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY
Note: You may speak to any dealership at any time about the Agricultural Equipment Technology program. However, you are not officially into the program until all conditions are met; that is, after all tests, applications, and dealer sponsorship forms (PDF, 73 KB) have been approved by Madison Area Technical College.
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER:
· Farm Equipment dealerships are independent businesses - they are not employees of the companies they represent.
· When looking for a sponsor, you are looking for a job.
· Madison College will provide limited assistance in giving guidance and identifying interested dealerships.
· We do not assign you a sponsor.
· As a John Deere Tech student, you will be an employee and a student, although the two should never conflict.
· Some dealers may not participate.
THE INTERVIEW - Call ahead for an appointment!
· Be prepared:
-Confident of your goals and skills
-Complete your part of the John Deere Ag-Tech application as neatly as possible before the interview.
· Your first priority should be convincing the dealer that you will make a good employee.
· You may speak to the Dealer (owner), General Manager, or Service Manager. The owner’s approval is required in securing a sponsor even though others may be authorized to sign the sponsor form (PDF, 73 KB).
· If you aren’t sure who to see, ask for the Dealer first, then the Service Manager.
· If you are sure you want to be in John Deere Tech Program, be confident and get busy right now. Don’t be discouraged if your first attempt doesn’t land you a sponsor.