The domain for FileWay is https://fileway.madisoncollege.edu/FileWay
What is FileWay?
FileWay is a secure, web-based remote file access application that enables students to access their personal files and documents saved on their home directory from any location, using a browser-enabled device such as a desktop PC or a laptop.
How do I access FileWay?
- Using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as your browser, go to FileWay - https://fileway.madisoncollege.edu/FileWay
- Enter your college network login (the same username and password you use for student email, Blackboard, myMadisonCollege,...).
- The first screen you will see displays the shared folders that you have access to. Navigate to your home directory Fileway folder = the folder with your username.
Use FileWay built-in navigation options including:
- Right-click options or Actions button
- Double-click folders to open
- Address bar and folder tree - just like in Windows Explorer
- Use the Up button to navigate back. Do not use the back button in your browser
How do I view a document or file?
If you don't want to make any changes to the document or file, you can use the SecureView option to quickly view the file. Select the file, then select SecureView by a right-click, the Actions button, or the SecureView button. SecureView opens files within your browser without downloading and leaving them behind on untrusted workstations.
How do I upload a file or document using FileWay?
- If you want to upload a file using FileWay, click on the Upload button on the FileWay toolbar.
- This will open the Upload File window. Click on the Select button to open Windows Explorer and browse to the file you want to upload and then click Upload.
- If you would like to add multiple files, click the Add button and repeat the upload steps.
How do I download, edit or make changes to a file?
Files cannot be saved directly to your home directory when off-campus, but you can upload and download files. For example, when off-campus: you can login to your home directory, download a file, save the file to your personal computer or a flash drive, make changes to the file, re-save the file, and upload the new file to your home directory.
- In order to edit files that are saved in your home directory Fileway folder, you must first download and save the file to your personal computer or flash drive.
- Start by right-clicking on any file listed in FileWay and select Download, OR click on the Actions button and select Download.
- Specify where you would like to save the file on your personal computer or flash drive.
- Open the file in the associated program and make any changes. For example, if you have a .doc file, open and edit the file using Microsoft Word.
- Save the edited file again to your personal computer or flash drive.
- If you want to upload an edited file back to FileWay, click on the Upload button on the FileWay toolbar.
- This will open the Upload File window. Click on the Select button to open Windows Explorer and browse to the file you want to upload and then click Upload. If you would like to add multiple files, click the Add button and repeat the upload steps.