Your student H drive or Home Directory is simply a folder, or storage area, that is located on a network server.
- Provides access to your files from basically any computer on campus or off campus.
- Helps prevent loss of data if the local computer you are working on crashes or has a hard disk fail.
- Secure - The data does not get erased until you delete it, because it isn't stored on the local computer; it’s on the server. No one but you can gain access to your files.
- In order to gain access to your Home Directory you must first activate your network account.
On-Campus: When you log on to a computer on any Madison Area Technical College campus with your user name and password, you will be automatically connected to your home directory.
Off-Campus: Access your home directory using FileWay.
Important Changes and Updates
- Students, Faculty and Staff can access their home directories from off-campus using FileWay.
- The URL to access FileWay is https://fileway.madisoncollege.edu/FileWay
- The domain for FileWay changed on August 8th, 2012 along with the college domain change for fall 2012 semester,
- New home directories for students were created in August 2011.