CETL has a small library with many resources geared toward professional development. These materials are available to all Madison Area Technical College faculty and staff. If you would like to check out a book, please stop by the CETL office (Room B2208 at the Truax campus) and browse the shelves. You just need to provide your name and OneCard number.
CETL's library acquisitions include:
- Assessing Writing: A Critical Sourcebook, by Brian Huot and Peggy O'Neill, 2008.
- Introduction to Rubrics: An Assessment Tool to Save Grading Time, Convey Effective Feedback, and Promote Student Learning, by Dannelle D. Stevens and Antonia J. Levi, 2011.
- E-Learning Tools and Technologies: A Consumer's Guide for Trainers, Teachers, Educators, and Instructional Designers,by William Horton and Katherine Horton, 2003.
- Simulations and the Future of Learning: An Innovative (and Perhaps Revolutionary) Approach to e-Learning, by Clark Aldrich, 2003.
- The World Is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education, by Curtis J. Bonk, 2009.
- The Creative Community College: Leading Change Through Innovation, by John E. Roueche, M. Melissa Richardson, Phillip W. Neal and Suanne D. Roueche, 2008.
- Move to Greatness: Focusing the Four Essential Energies of a Whole and Balanced Leader, by Ginny Whitelaw and Betsy Wetzig, 2007.
- Principle-Centered Leadership, by Stephen R. Covey, 1992.
Teaching, Classroom Management, and Curriculum Planning
- Diversity and Motivation: Culturally Responsive Teaching in College, by Margery B. Ginsberg and Raymond J. Wlodkowski, 2009.
- Flip Your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day, by Jonathan Bergmann; and Aaron Sams, 2012.
- Learner-Centered Teaching: Five Key Changes to Practice, by Maryellen Weimer, 2002.
- On Course, by Skip Downing, 2010.
- On the Internet, by Hubert L. Dreyfus, 2008.
- Preventing Death by Lecture! Terrific Tips for Turning Listeners Into Learners, by Sharon Bowman, 2001.
- Teaching with Classroom Response Systems: Creating Active Learning Environments, by Derek Bruff, 2009.
- Teaching Your First College Class: A Practical Guide for New Faculty and Graduate Student Instructors, by Carolyn Lieberg, 2008.
- Universal Design in Higher Education: From Principles to Practice, Edited by Sheryl E. Burgstahler and Rebecca C. Cory, 2008.
- What the Best College Teachers Do, by Ken Bain, 2004.
- We're Born to Learn: Using the Brain's Natural Learning Process to Create Today's Curriculum,by Rita Smilkstein, 2011.
- What’s the Use of Lectures?, by Donald A. Bligh, 2000.
Software and Technology
- Developing Faculty to Use Technology, Edited by David G. Brown, 2003.
- Tricks of the Podcasting Masters, by Rob Walch and Mur Lafferty, 2006.
- Podcast Solutions: The Complete Guide to Audio and Video Podcasting, by Michael Geoghegan and Dan Klass, 2007.
- Practical Computer Literacy (Practical Series), by June Jamrich Parsons and Dan Oja, 2nd edition, 2010.