CETL has a small library with many resources geared toward professional development. These materials are available to all Madison Area Technical College faculty and staff. If you would like to check out a book, please stop by the CETL office (Room B2208 at the Truax campus) and browse the shelves. You just need to provide your name and OneCard number.
CETL's library acquisitions include:
Meetings and Faciliatation
- Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision-Making, by Sam Kaner, 2014.
- Rule the Room: A Unique, Practical and Comprehensive Guide to Making a Successful Presentation, by Jason Teteak, with Dale Burg, 2014.
- Visual Meetings: How Graphics, Sticky Notes & Idea Mapping Can Transform Group Productivity,byDavid Stibbet, 2010.
Online and Hybrid Learning
- The Excellent Online Instructor: Strategies for Professional Development, by Rena M. Palloff and Keith Pratt, 2011.
- Flip Your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day, by Jonathan Bergmann; and Aaron Sams, 2012.
- Flipped Learning for Science Instruction, by Jonathan Bergmann and Aaron Sams, 2015.
- We're Born to Learn: Using the Brain's Natural Learning Process to Create Today's Curriculum,by Rita Smilkstein, 2011.
Software and Technology
- Step by Step: Microsoft Word 2013, by Joan Lambert and Joyce Cox, 2013.
- Beyond Bullet Points: Using Microsoft PowerPoint to Create Presentations that Inform, Motivate, and Inspire, by Cliff Atkinson, 2011.