Employees are often surprised to learn that examples of copyright infringement may include:
- Making a copy of a chapter of a book
- Scanning a book chapter into PDF format and emailing it
- Making copies of articles, and passing them out in the classroom
- Posting a photograph on a web page or social media site without permission
- Converting a VHS video into a DVD format to show in Blackboard
The good news is that there are circumstances in which you may use copyrighted work, which we will call exceptions, such as:
Employees are encouraged to submit copyright questions through this web form for inclusion of their questions.