Engineering Services provides the following services to all Madison College owned Facilities:
- Feasibility, planning, design, and construction administration services for remodeling, new construction, and minor room reconfiguration projects.
- Maintenance and operation of mechanical equipment including:
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Elevator Systems
- Budget development for construction, equipment replacement, utilities, and mechanical maintenance.
- Developing and maintaining standards for operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment District wide.
- Assisting Professional Services with design, specification, and coordination of major maintenance and remodel projects.
Engineering Services' Staff:
- Wesley Marquardt, Facility Engineering Manager
Truax - Room B1244I
- Eric Lauersdorf, Job Planner
- Tom Helbig, Electrician
- Andy Rahn, Maintenance Mechanic - Truax
- Randy Schulte, Maintenance Mechanic - Comm. Ave.
- Deb Randall, Maintenance Mechanic - DTEC
- Chad Schuster, Maintenance Mechanic - Fort Atkinson
- Greg Klinkner, Maintenance Mechanic - Portage/Reedsburg
- Jerry Heidner, Maintenance Mechanic - Watertown
Engineering Services' Statistics
- Utilities - Madison College uses enough electricity to power approximately 2500 average size homes for one year.
- Estimated number of hours to complete preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment is 8000 hours. This does not include breakdown repair items.
- What do I do if my room temperature does not seem to be within the established IAQ guidelines? Fill out an on-line Service Work Request form in the forms database. If an emergency, please call extension 6020.
- What do I do if there is an electrical problem in my room (including clocks). Fill out an on-line Service Work Request form in the forms database. If an emergency, please call extension 6020.
- What do I do if a plumbing fixture is not working properly. Fill out an on-line Service Work Request form in the forms database. If an emergency, please call extension 6020.
Madison College Below WTCS State Average in Energy Savings (PDF, 29 KB)
Live Camera - Small Wind Energy System - Fort Atkinson Campus
Performance - Small Wind Energy System - Fort Atkinson Campus