- To orient new Full-time and adjunct faculty to the Madison College work environment in an open and supportive manner.
- To foster healthy, collegial relationships and a fuller understanding of the scope of a faculty member’s responsibilities.
- To foster meaningful dialogue on the faculty role in student learning and success.
- To create a pairing of new faculty with veteran “positive”, supportive faculty member that is mutually beneficial to both parties.
- To foster the professional development of new faculty via open communication between mentors and mentees with ongoing support from the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- To provide emotional and professional support in challenging situations.
- To provide a positive, professional and reflective experience that honors the mission and values of the college.
Faculty Mentoring Booklet (755KB Doc)
- Become a Mentor for a new faculty member
- Get a Mentor
Becoming a Mentor
The next Mentor Development Workshop is scheduled for Thursday, August 28th, from 1:00-3:00PM, in Room B2216A at the Truax Campus. To register, go to the CETL database.
Mentor and part-time mentees need to complete the Faculty Mentor Stipend Form in order to receive compensation for participation in the program.
Do you know an experienced faculty member who would make an excellent mentor? Help us recruit and nominate a worthy person with the Faculty Mentor Nomination Form
Part-time checklist (PDF 305KB)