Outline of Instruction
What is it?
- Official non-proprietary information about a course such as number, title, description, credits, competencies, and performance criteria.
Where do I find one?
Why use it?
- Ensure students achieve the same skills from the same course taught by different instructors
- Specify performance standards of course outcomes
- Document linkages to broader program and workforce outcomes
- Improve articulation with high schools
- Analyze course assessment strategies
- Support the Academic Quality Improvement Program process, a requirement for college accreditation
- Assist students with transfer of credit
- Inform students, potential students, and business/industry partners of course expectations
- Defend letter grades and credentials