The following services are typically expected of the floating staff:
- Customer service (internal and/or external)
- Basic clerical tasks including, but not limited to: answering phones and assisting internal and external customers with inquiries; process incoming and outgoing mail and faxes; photocopying; filing; scheduling meetings and maintaining calendars; ordering supplies; and, receiving inventory.
- Design, draft and/or edit letters, general correspondence, forms, certificates, etc.
- Collect, assemble, and organize materials and data for meetings, presentations, events, etc.
- Interact with students, faculty and the public, answering questions in person or by telephone referring unique questions to the appropriate lead staff or supervisor.
- Provide direct assistance in helping students to understand forms and procedures or with navigating Madison College website.
- Data entry (e.g., student client reporting, State's Quality Review Process system)
- Provide enrollment/registration and/or bursaring services (view student accounts, post payments, handle cash, deposit preparation, etc).
- Assist with PeopleSoft Student Administration functions such as class set up and/or canceled classes, enroll or drop students from classes, update student records, etc.