The Wisconsin Leadership Development Institute (WLDI) was initiated in 1995 by the Wisconsin Technical College
Board and the Wisconsin Leadership Development Institute coordinating team.
The goals of the Institute are to:
- Develop leaders in all areas of technical college administration based on ability, promotability, and personal goals
- Increase diversity of leaders across all management levels (creating a pool of qualified leaders in the WTCS) • Provide experiences in management and leadership through structured experiences and practicum opportunities with a college mentor WLDI has joint certification through the WTCS and the Chair Academy, which has national and international recognition for leadership training.
- Madison Area Technical College Selection Criteria:
• Required participation in the 2007-08 “Fundamentals of Leadership” program offered by CETL.
• Nomination requires self, peer and supervisor support (all 3)
• Demonstrated interest in Leadership skills
• Active participation in College Wide committees, projects and tasks
• Application requires:
• WLDI Application
• 1 page statement of goals
• Completed Professional Growth Plan indicating desire to increase Leadership skills and experience
View the Fact Sheet (DOC 309KB) or WLDI Brochure (PDF 285KB) for more information!
View the Nomination Process (DOC 40KB), or a list of WLDI Alumni 1996-2012 (PDF 499KB)
Download the following documents here:
Registration form coming soon.
WLDI District Application eForm (DOC 48KB)