Admission eligibility for F-1 and M-1 visa students is primarily based upon the following criteria. These three requirements typically take the most time to prepare, so please allow several weeks to complete the following:
- Contact an accredited agency to order an official credential evaluation report. This report is required to verify completion of high school/secondary school completed outside of the U.S.
- Submit an official score report from an approved English examination to demonstrate sufficient Proof of English Proficiency.
- Provide documentation of financial support for at least one year of living and tuition expenses.
A complete international admission application packet must include:
- Application Fee of $30.00 payable to Madison College by check or money order, plus $10.00 for each certificate program (if any).
- Completed International Student Application Form.
- Proof of English Proficiency.
- Proof of High School/Secondary School completion, or higher education.
- Credential Evaluation report.
- Financial Support documentation.
- Verification of Identity.This should be a copy of the identity and expire page(s) of your passport. If you are already in the U.S., please also include a copy of your current or most visa stamp and I-94 arrival/departure card. If you are on the F-1 visa, please also include a copy of your most recent I-20 (pages 1 and 3 only). If you have changed visa status in the U.S., please provide a copy of your approval notice.
International Orientation Requirement:
All new F-1 visa holding international students must attend International Orientation in order to fulfill the F-1 visa requirement of reporting to the educational institution. International Orientation is typically held approximately two weeks before the first day of the semester, so please plan your arrival to Madison College accordingly. More information is provided on the International Orientation webpage.