Student workarounds for some Blackboard issues
If you're having trouble with a feature in Blackboard, try using another browser. It's a good idea to have at least two browsers available on your computers. Clearing the history and cache on your browser also fixes some temporary issues. More information about Blackboard technical requirements.
Problems logging in to Blackboard
Try clearing your browser history and cache. Try another browser. Reset your password by reactivating your account. More information about access to Blackboard.
Copy and paste does not format correctly or brings over unrecognizable characters, for example, when copying from Word or from one part of Blackboard to another.
Workaround 1: Use Notepad or another plain text editor option to copy and paste the text as plain text.
- Copy the text by using keyboard shortcuts or mouse action.
- Paste the text to Notepad
- Select the text in Notepad, copy the text using keyboard shortcuts or mouse action
- Using keyboard shortcuts only, paste the text into the new Blackboard location
Workaround 2: Some content areas in Blackboard include a Remove Formatting button.
- Highlight the text you want to copy in your Word file, then copy it (CTRL + C).
- Go to Blackboard, then to the place you wish to paste your text, place your cursor in the box and paste (CTRL + V).
- Once your text is in the text editor space, highlight everything by pressing (CTRL + A) to select all
- Then use the “Remove Formatting” option in the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) tools. You can find it on the right side of the top row of icons.
Math Editor feature does not working correctly when using a MAC computer and Firefox.
Workaround: Use Safari 5.1 and higher or Chrome when using Math Editor with a MAC.