Once you have agreed to be a notetaker for a student in your class, your first step is to view the training video which covers guidelines, expectations and requirements of being a note-taker plus compensation information. This will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Step 2 - complete the Note-Taker Agreement Form for each class you are taking notes in.
Step 3 - If you haven't been employed by Madison College within the past 6 months you will need to complete new hire paperwork which can be completed inside WorkDay. You will not be able to access this until you've received an email from the DRS office with your employee ID number. Please allow until March 15th to receive communication regarding your employee ID number and next steps. If you haven't completed the note-taker agreement form please assure this has been completed.
- Attend all classes
- Provide notes to the student receiving note-taking services in a timely fashion
- Make sure your notes are clear and concise
- If a notetaker is taking notes for more than 1 student in the same class, he/she may photocopy notes in the duplicating center in room B2275 at the Truax campus or room D127 at the Downtown campus using a copier code provided by Disability Resource Services - this code is monitored so please do not abuse it
- Notify the student 24 hours in advance when unable to attend class and/or find a replacement note-taker
New Payment Information - Effective Summer 2013
- If you, the notetaker, drops the class at any point, you will not receive payment
- If the student you are taking notes for drops the class prior to the 50% point, you will not receive payment
- If the student you are taking notes for drops the class after the 50% point, you will receive full payment
- Notetakers are paid $25 per credit plus $20 per additional eligible DRS student within the same class.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the program coordinator at email@example.com or call (608) 246-6716.