Once you have agreed to be a notetaker for a student in your class, your first step is to view the training video which covers guidelines, expectations and requirements of being a note-taker plus compensation information. This will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Step 2 - complete the Note-Taker Agreement Form for each class you are taking notes in.
Step 3 - If you have never received a paycheck from Madison College you will need to complete new hire paperwork which can be completed inside WorkDay.
- Attend all classes
- Provide notes to the student receiving note-taking services in a timely fashion
- Make sure your notes are clear and concise
- If a notetaker is taking notes for more than 1 student in the same class, he/she may photocopy notes in the duplicating center in room B2275 at the Truax campus or room D127 at the Downtown campus using a copier code provided by Disability Resource Services - this code is monitored so please do not abuse it
- Notify the student 24 hours in advance when unable to attend class and/or find a replacement note-taker
New Payment Information - Effective Summer 2013
- If you, the notetaker, drops the class at any point, you will not receive payment
- If the student you are taking notes for drops the class prior to the 50% point, you will not receive payment
- If the student you are taking notes for drops the class after the 50% point, you will receive full payment
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the program coordinator at email@example.com or call (608) 246-6716.