This checklist contains the steps Madison College program students should complete to be successful in their first term at the college.
If you plan to attend Madison College as a program/degree-seeking student, be sure to:
Once the steps above are completed and after acceptance into your program, you should:
- Review your program's "After Acceptance and Prior to Enrollment" information. (Linked from your program's web page.)
- Register for Classes - Program students watch for an email invite to Advising & Registration/Program Orientation event(s).
- Textbooks - Required textbooks are listed in the class description of your Student Center class schedule. Consider whether financial aid funding will be available to you by the time you need to purchase textbooks.
- OneCard - Your student ID for identification purposes, access to the library, as well as a debit card for campus services. Fill out an application in the Student Life Office.
- Parking Pass/Bus Pass - Pick up your parking permit from Public Safety. Free bus passes available in the Student Life Office.
- WolfPack Welcome - Watch for an invite to Madison College's campus-wide orientation for all new students.
Stay in the Loop -- Know where to look for important messages and information:
myMadisonCollege Student Center:
- "To Do" List - Check for any missing required financial aid and/or admissions items
- Message Center - View time sensitive and confidential notifications regarding enrollment status.
- MyAnswers - Submit questions to staff, view responses, and track in-person and/or phone interactions.
- Student Email - The Madison College email is the official form of communication at the college
- Personal Email - Invitations to orientation/advising & registration may be sent to the email account on file in your Student Center. Be sure to keep it updated!
If you have additional questions, search our knowledgebase of frequently asked questions through askMadisonCollege, view step-by-step Tutorials or contact the Enrollment Center at (608) 246-6210.