Semester start date(s): Fall 2014
Fall 2014 Program Application Dates:
Campus Location(s): Truax Main
Applicants must have completed the following prior to being considered for program admission:
1. Education Completed:
High School graduation, GED/HSED completion, or an Associate’s or higher documented degree from an institution other than Madison College.
Contact the school(s) or GED/HSED Testing Center and send official transcripts to: Madison College Enrollment Center, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704
Transcripts must be on file prior to the application and/or credential deadline. Applicants are responsible for submitting official transcripts that show completion of any unique course requirements. Visit the Transcripts web page for more information.
Note: In-progress high school transcripts will not delay the processing of a high school senior's admission application, unless additional testing or specific courses are required.
2. Transfer Students:
If transferring from another college/university, applicant is required to submit official transcripts from each college/ university attended. Failure to submit transcripts will result in delayed processing of admission application.
3. Completed Course Requirements:
a) Algebra demonstrated through one of the following:
b) Chemistry demonstrated through one of the following:
c) Biology demonstrated through one of the following:
Applicants with more than one grade of D or F within the last five years in the required algebra, chemistry, or biology courses are not eligible for the program.
4. Test Score Requirements demonstrated through one of the following:
a) TEAS-V: Composite 58.7%, Reading 69%, Math 63.3%, Science 45.8%, English/Language Usage 60% -OR-
b) ACT: 20 or higher in all subcategories
All applicants must take either the TEAS-V or ACT test. Testing scores from September 1, 2010 to present are considered eligible for admission purposes. Scores older than September 1, 2010 will not qualify and the applicant will need to retest.
Per Wisconsin Statute TCS-10, out-of-state residents cannot be placed on a waiting list and out-of-district residents are not permitted to be placed on a waiting list for a program that closes prior to the out-of-district resident processing date. For admissions purposes, Minnesota residents are processed as out-of-district residents. Refer to the Residency Determination web page for more information.
To access the online admissions application, go to Step 2 on the Admissions Process web page.
• If you do not currently meet all admission requirements, the Patient Care Pathways program can assist in accelerating your progress towards program eligibility. Visit the Patient Care Pathways web page or call (608) 246-6262 for more information.
• For more information regarding the TEAS Test, visit the TEAS Frequently Asked Questions web page.
• The most recent reflection of your test scores and coursework will be evaluated for admission purposes.
• A grade of C- will not be accepted when "a grade of C or better" is indicated as the requirement.
• Course requirements may differ from admission requirements. Refer to program curriculum for details.
To Print this Page: Click on the "Share" link in the floating column on the right-hand side of the page; then select "PrintFriendly." Optional: Choose to print without images by checking the "Remove Images" box at the top of the print screen.