The Online Medical Administrative Specialist curriculum focuses on high-demand medical support skills necessary to be successful for a variety of career opportunities within a healthcare organization. You will learn the language of medicine, advanced software and medical practice management skills, healthcare documentation techniques, interpersonal and communication skills, and more. Apply Today!
Questions & Answers:
Q: When can I start the Online Medical Administrative Specialist program?
- A: We accept applications for the Fall and Spring semesters. View the Admission Requirements page for application deadlines.
Q: Is there a suggested order of courses?
- A: Yes, please refer to the Medical Administrative Specialist curriculum sheet for suggested order of courses.
Q: Are there any classes only offered once per year?
- A: Yes. Healthcare Documentation Techniques and Procedures is only offered in the fall semester. Medical Administrative Procedures and Specialized Insurance Claims are only offered in the spring semester.
Q: Are there any special requirements to be in the online program?
- A: Yes. You must complete the Orientation to Online and Accelerated Learning prior to being accepted into the online program. Also, it is vital that you have access to a personal computer and a reliable internet connection, as well as Microsoft Office 365 (Mac computers cannot be used in the software classes).
Q: What skills are required to achieve success in the online program?
- A: Windows and file management competency, minimum 45 words per minute keyboarding speed, ability to independently install and manage software programs and maintain computer files. Successful students have a mastery of English fundamentals - grammar, punctuation and spelling. They should enjoy working on computers and be detail oriented.
Q: Is there a required internship?
- A: Yes. A 1-credit, 72-hour internship is required and is best to be completed in the student's last semester in the program. At this time, the Internship class is offered every fall, spring and summer.
Q: Are the classes in this program self-paced?
- A: No. Students typically have one week to complete assignments with weekly deadlines.