AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGY
The Agricultural Equipment Technology Program is a partnership between, Madison College, John Deere & Company, participating John Deere dealerships, and participating students. Each has the following responsibilities in this partnership.
· Maintain a current curriculum.
· Provide a dedicated classroom and laboratory.
· Provide trained instructors.
· Provide equipment and tools for students to use at Madison College classes.
· Promote, advertise, and recruit qualified student candidates.
· Test applicants and assist dealers with student selection for the program.
· Maintain all student records.
· Provide customary student services such as academic advisement, financial aid, counseling, etc.
· Furnish program information to the public when requested.
JOHN DEERE COMPANY
· Encourage dealer cooperation and support.
· Provide special training for John Deere Tech instructors.
· Furnish the school with John Deere training equipment (manuals, components, essential tools, and related goods).
· Oversee and participate in student selection procedures.
· Oversee and participate in instructor selection procedures.
· Monitor all phases of John Deere Tech to assure success.
JOHN DEERE DEALERSHIP
· Indicate interest in being a sponsoring dealer, so dealership name can be made available to interested students.
· Interview and select student(s) that the dealership will sponsor.
· Actively recruit students for John Deere Tech.
· Appoint an in-dealership coordinator to assist the Madison College John Deere Tech coordinator, in planning and monitoring the cooperative work experiences.
· Provide appropriate work experience which reinforces the student’s most recent classroom instruction.
· Pay students during periods of dealership cooperative work experience.
· Provide the student/employee with dealership uniforms to be worn during Madison College classes.
· Dealer must provide student with a John Deere Pathways identification number and maintain it for the length of the program.
· Submit high school transcript or GED scores to the Admissions Office.
· Apply for admission to Madison College.
· Obtain and maintain a dealership sponsor.
· Complete entrance test(s) at acceptable levels.
· Maintain Madison College’s and John Deere’s academic standards and adhere to academic policies, rules, and regulations.
· Wear specified uniforms, safety glasses, and safety shoes while on campus and during supervised occupational work experiences at the sponsoring dealership.
· Participate in all learning activities and experiences at the sponsoring dealership.
· Provide the sponsoring dealership with responsible and productive employment.
· Pay for program costs: tuition, fees, books, and tools.