- Visit the animals in the Veterinary Technician Program at Truax Campus during open adoption hours (see below).
- With the assistance of a Student Visitor Guide, complete the application for your chosen animal(s). Applications are available only to those who come and meet the animals.
- Animals are adopted on a first come, first served basis. We highly recommend completing your application during your initial visit. If you currently have other pets, you must submit proof of rabies vaccination(s) within 72 hours of submitting your adoption application. If needed, you are allowed to submit your completed application and appropriate supporting documentation to a Veterinary Technician student visitor guide during adoption visiting hours.Outside of adoption hours, return the documents to Laurie Angell in room 180 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Your application will be reviewed by the corresponding humane society, or by the animal care supervisors with input from student adoption administrators.
- When your application has been reviewed, you will receive a phone call updating you on the status of your application, whether approved or denied. The approval process may take up to two weeks. If you have not received a call in two weeks, please call (608) 246-6553.
- If your application is approved, you must confirm the adoption within two weeks of approval. You can either confirm at the time of the approval call or you can call (608) 246-6553. If you do not confirm the adoption within two weeks, your application may be withdrawn.
- Animals will not be available to go their new home until the end of the semester (December 17-21, 2012). You will be contacted to set up an adoption release appointment as the end of the semester nears.
- Adoption fees will be collected at the release appointment. Payments should be made by check to the humane society that animal originated from. (Checks preferred, cash accepted.)
You may visit the animal you plan on adopting as often as desired within the available adoption hours.
Animal Adoption Visiting Hours
The adoption hours for the Spring 2014 semester are as follows:
· Monday: 8:30-10:20 a.m. & 12:303:20 p.m.
· Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30-11:20 a.m. & 12:30-3:20 p.m.
· Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Alternate times to visit can be arranged by calling (608) 246-6553. We are located across from the child and family center (room 160). Use the phone on the wall near the glass door to call ext. 6553.