Madison College has partnered with the International Association of Administrative Professionals to develop an online Administrative Professional Program. It is taught completely online. You are not required to come to the Madison, Wisconsin campus. Online administrative professional program classes are designed for individuals employed in a business office.
Online Program Information
- Program Application
If you are seeking an Associate Degree from Madison College, complete the Program Application (standard form for all 16 Wisconsin Technical Colleges located on the WTCS website). If you are not a resident of the United States, you must contact the sarbacker[at]madisoncollege [dot] edu (program coordinator) prior to submitting the application. Madison College will not issue an I-20 student visa for this program. After you have completed the Program Application, please fill out the Business Technology Student Information Form.
- Taking Classes in Sequence
It is recommended that you take classes in the sequence they appear in the curriculum. Contact June Sarbacker at (608) 246-6727 for more information.
- Getting Credit for Work Experience, Certifications or Completed Classes
If you have work experience, certifications such as Certified Professional Secretary, Certified Administrative Professional, or have already taken classes at this or other institutions, you may be able to be granted advanced standing to earn your degree more quickly. Call the School of Online and Accelerated learning at 608.245.5850, or email Jessica Monge, Senior Advisor at jmonge[at]madisoncollege [dot] edu for more information. You may also take a Challenge Exam for some courses to gain advanced standing. Call Ann Camillo at (608) 243-4019 or email Ann at camillo[at]madisoncollege [dot] edu for more information.
Online Course Information
All classes listed in the curriculum are offered online.
- Registration. For further information, contact Jessica Monge at jmonge[at]madisoncollege [dot] edu.
- Class information will be sent to registered students approximately 10-15 days prior to the beginning of the course.
- Textbook and supply information will be sent via email approximately one month before the semester begins. Textbooks may be ordered from the Madison College bookstore online or by calling (608) 246-6017.
- Madison College reserves the right to cancel an offering if the course fails to meet the minimum number of students.
Online Course Expectations:
- Be self-motivated, independent, and have basic knowledge in computer operations such as keyboarding, sending and receiving email, surfing the Internet. For more information about online learning, refer to "Are you an Online Learner?."
- Make time to devote to class work. These are credit classes that typically meet 3-5 hours per week in the traditional setting. Internet students are required to do the same work as the face-to-face student. It is recommended that a beginning online learner take no more than six credits.
- Online classes in the Administrative Professional Program have specific technical requirements:
- 2 Gigahertz (GHz) processor or faster
- Sound card or integrated/on board sound
- High-speed Internet connection and web cam
- 80 GB or higher hard drive and 2 GB RAM
- Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft Office 2013 or higher
- Firefox and/or Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Plug-ins as needed
Online Class Costs:
The cost range is $130 per credit.
Types of aid:
Madison College scholarship information is posted in the Student Bulletin. Many local International Association of Administrative Professionals chapters offer student scholarships. In most instances, you do not need to be a member to apply. Most require a completed application, a certain GPA, letters of recommendation, and occasionally other criteria. For more information, contact your local IAAP chapter or go to http://www.iaap-hq.org and find the link called “Chapter Links.” If you do not find a chapter listed in your area, contact the membership department at membership[at]iaap-hq [dot] org.
- Madison College Financial Aid Information
- Refund Information
For more information about the online Administrative Professional Program, contact June Sarbacker at (608) 246-6727.