Approximate program costs with starting salary (PDF, 97KB)
Test scores are not required for admission into this program. However, they may be used to meet the C or better in algebra requirement if not met another way (see above).
Definitions and Guidelines
We do not transfer in accounting classes that are over 5 years old unless the student has been working in the accounting field. We only transfer in equivalent college work if the grade is a C or better. (We do not transfer in C- graded course work). Advanced Standing cannot exceed 50% of the required credits for the program.
Information About High School Course Work
High school course requirements: Algebra 1
Madison College courses that meet that requirement:
- 10-804-140, Algebra Concepts
- 10-804-120, Business Math (this course recommends a grade of C or better in HS Algebra 1)
- 10-804-122, Math of Finance (this course has pre-req of C or better in HS Algebra 1)
- 20-804-201, Intermediate Algebra
- 20-804-212, College Algebra
- 20-804-213, Trigonometry
- 20-804-220, Finite Mathematics
- 20-804-240, Basic Statistics
Please see the following link(s) for certificates related to this program:
Sales Academy Certificate
Human Resources Certificate
The accounting program is available at Truax and Watertown on a two-year rotation. In Portage and Reedsburg, the accounting program is on a three-year rotation. Some classes may be taken at Truax and/or Watertown to finish sooner.