Life Long Learning
1. Assume responsibility for continuing education in order to maintain skills and enhance professional growth.
2. Exhibit self-management and study skills necessary to succeed in increasingly challenging academic environments.
3. Demonstrate work ethics and reliable behavior including, but not limited to, assuming responsibility for decisions and actions, utilizing time and stress management skills, and displaying initiative.
4. Demonstrate pride in profession through motivation and initiative, positive attitude, and flexibility.
5. Demonstrate professional ethics, honesty, and respect when dealing with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
6. Work as a team member by demonstrating good communication and listening skills, cooperation, and providing a supportive environment.
7. Communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbal communications to customers, coworkers, and supervisors, using positive interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, empathy, active listening, and flexibility.
8. Explain and apply technical concepts and their interrelationships between various vehicular systems.
9. Demonstrate applications of technical knowledge to other technologies and disciplines.
10. Diagnose customer complaints accurately and demonstrate mechanical aptitude in the servicing of vehicles.
11. Apply critical thinking skills to evaluate and solve problems.