1.Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and through written documentation with clients, coworkers, other agencies and supervisors, by demonstrating listening skills, effective report writing, appropriate interview techniques, testifying in court, and displaying sensitivity to diverse cultures and individuals.
2. Demonstrate community resource skills including, but not limited to, conflict resolution, media relations, media communications, safety instruction; and referrals to, assistance and/or collaboration with other public agencies.
3. Demonstrate desirable professional abilities including self-motivation, self-awareness, cooperative work and group facilitation skills.
4. Apply critical thinking skills for appropriate law enforcement decision-making.
Legal Studies and Skills
5. Use legal knowledge to enforce, interpret, and apply laws.
6. Demonstrate appropriate technical skills in communication, observation, investigation, evaluation, and basic safety assistance in law enforcement situations.
7. Aware of appropriate procedures for crisis management and dispute resolution.
8. Exhibit appropriate professional standards through the demonstration of personal ethics, leadership, stress management, professional growth through continuing education, and adherence to “chain of command”.