1. Demonstrate professional conduct by displaying personal code of ethics, positive work ethics, flexibility, teamwork skills, physical fitness, safe procedures, and sensitivity to diverse cultures and individuals.
2. Develop and employ an incident command system.
3. Develop and apply preincident plan.
4. Demonstrate awareness of basic fire code enforcement inspection process.
5. Develop and present public fire education seminars.
6. Investigate fires.
7. Perform fire service hydraulics.
8. Explain and apply strategic tactical priorities for safety, rescue, incident control, and loss control for situations including: fire suppression, search & rescue, hazardous materials, and disaster management.
9. Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and through written documentation with clients, coworkers, other agencies, and supervisors.
10. Apply appropriate management skills to work effectively within emergency services organizations.