1. Demonstrate professional ethics: honesty, respect, teamwork, reliability, initiative when dealing with coworkers and supervisors.
2. Communicate effectively both in written and verbal formats to customers.
Metrology, Quality Principles and Practices, (Science of Measurement)
3. Perform accurate measurements to insure parts meet specifications in the production of precision components.
4. Display organizational skills in set up and safe operation of basic machine tools.
Computer Numeric Control (CNC) Machining
5. Program and use CAD/CAM computer systems to create tool paths for operation of computerized mills, lathes, and Electric Discharge Machines (EDM).
Tool Making (Manufacture)
6. Design, machine and assemble molds and dies.
7. Demonstrate fiscal responsibility, accountability, and efficiency to contribute to a productive and profitable business operation.
Applied Engineering/Math & Science Skills
8. Apply technical knowledge to read and interpret blueprints; solve math problems; and use appropriate metal and processes for component production.