1. Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair in such areas as motorcycle, ATVs, outboard motor, I/O stern drive, construction equipment, lawn and garden equipment, chain saws, and snowmobiles.
2 .Use a variety of computer, Web and technical resources to find information, troubleshoot problems, and prepare estimates.
3. Use technical and organizational skills to analyze, diagnose, and problem solve.
4. Interact effectively by displaying flexibility, honesty, teamwork, respect, and sensitivity for customers, coworkers and supervisors.
5. Exhibit positive employee behaviors and skills such as reliability, punctuality, acceptable dress, appearance, and own appropriate tools.
6. Provide high quality technical and customer service through cost effective and accountable work performance.
7. Communicate effectively through active listening, in oral, written, and electronic format with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
8. Assume responsibility for continuing education requirements for new technologies and career advancement.