1. Use critical thinking skills to confidently and effectively manage emergency situations.
2. Practice professional standards by demonstrating a strong work ethic, positive attitude, respect for patients, ability to work cooperatively as a health care team member, and willingness to maintain and enhance technical skills.
3. Communicate clearly and professionally using verbal and nonverbal communication techniques.
4. Perform accurate scene safety and patient assessments.
5. Apply appropriate emergency medical and technical knowledge as required in emergency situations.
Personal Well-being & Safety
6. Apply safety and infection control practices to maintain personal and professional well- being and to ensure patient safety.
Clinical & Technical Skills
7. Manage emergency patient care and treatment appropriately within the scope of practice for an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic.
Medical Legal Issues
8. Apply legal knowledge and medical ethics to all patient care situations by documenting accurate and complete patient records and reports and maintaining patient confidentiality.
9. Meet requirements for National Registry Emergency Medical Technician- Paramedic certification exam.