1. Use safe working techniques and working practices that comply with O.S.H.A. requirements.
Employability Skills and Practices
2. Demonstrate abilities which contribute to employment by displaying flexibility, self-motivation, time efficiency, effective written and oral communication, and by contributing to work team success.
Career Advancement Skills and Personal Initiative
3. Demonstrate career advancement skills by engaging in problem solving, time management, and shop management practices.
Technical Welding Skills
4. Demonstrate knowledge, set-up, and correct operation of commonly used welding equipment.
Basic Metallurgy and Properties/Identification of Metals
5. Understand and apply metallurgy concepts and principals to common welding and metal fabrication processes.
Technical Metal Fabrication Skills
6. Understand and demonstrate basic metal fabrication functions.