Class held March 20-21-22, 2015
In person class times: To be determined but approximately
Friday 4-9pm/Saturday 8-5p/Sunday 8-5
Students must download a free copy of the updated LG manual which can be found at http://www.editiondigital.net/publication/?i=95090. If student chooses to use the online download, they must be able to bring the laptop/tablet or phone to in person meetings. Students may also use a hard copy. Please let us know if you need purchase information. Masks and whistles will be provided if candidate does not have their own.
The course is taught in a hybrid format, therefore students will be responsible for a portion of the course prior to the face to face meeting-appoximately 7.5 hours. All work is guided by the ARC and will include a graded "written" test. Instructions will be emailed out to those enrolled.
Click here to register
1. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. You may swim using front crawl, breaststroke or a combo of both. Swim goggles may be used.
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
3. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7–10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards on the back to the starting point with both hands holding the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
1) Attend & participate in all class sessions-no exceptions will be made
2) Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
3) Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios
4) Pass both the Section 1 - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid and Section 2 - Lifeguarding skills final written exams with minimum grades of 80 percent.
Certifications received: Lifeguarding-CPR/AED-First Aid *valid 2 years*
Please call 608-245-2115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions or concerns.
Madison College-Truax Campus
1701 Wright Street
Madison WI 53704