*NO CLASSES SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME*
Students must download a free copy of the updated LG manual which can be found at http://www.editiondigital.net/publication/?i=95090 or provide their own hardcopy prior to class beginning. Masks and whistles will be provided if candidate does not have their own.
1. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. You may swim using front crawl, breaststroke or a combo of both. Swim goggles may be used.
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
3. Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7–10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards on the back to the starting point with both hands holding the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
4. Must be currently certified or within 30 days of expiration of current LG/CPR/AED certification.
1) Attend & participate in all class sessions-no exceptions will be made
2) Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
3) Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios
4) Pass both the Section 1 - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid and Section 2 - Lifeguarding skills final written exams with minimum grades of 80 percent.
Please call 608-245-2115 or email email@example.com if you have additional questions or concerns.
Course Length: Minimum length 12 hours 50 minutes.
Certifications Received: Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED (valid 2 years)
Madison College-Truax Campus
1701 Wright Street
Madison WI 53704