The act of registering for classes creates an obligation to pay regardless of attendance. Madison College does not drop classes or refund tuition for non-attendance.
Refunds at Madison College are processed according to the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) Refund Policy for program, material, activity and non-resident tuition fees.
- Students must drop a class at least one day prior to the class start date to receive a 100 percent refund. To determine if you may qualify for a refund, use the Refund Estimation Calculator.
- Non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation of registration, and students will be responsible for tuition and fees not paid.
- Students are not eligible to receive financial aid for a class they do not attend.
- Stop payment of a check does not constitute a formal drop/withdrawal from classes.
- Prior to dropping classes, students are encouraged to work with their instructors to see if class work can be made up.
- If the district cancels a class, the refund is 100 percent of all (program, supplemental materials, and nonresident tuition) fees paid.
For more information regarding requested drop dates and refund/reduction percentages, visit Class Refund Schedule.
For information on how to drop or swap Madison College classes, visit Add/Drop Classes.
- Drop requests are not accepted through instructors.
- Dropping classes may affect receipt and/or require repayment of Financial Aid and/or Veterans Benefits.
- The Madison College admission application fee is non-refundable.