Madison College Foundation Scholarship Tips
- Complete the application fully. Treat the application like an exam, for each area you leave blank, points may be deducted.
- Use your responses to the essay questions to share your personal story and show the reviewer that you are a “good investment.” Scholarships are funded by individuals and local companies who are looking to invest in your success and the in the future of our community. The application is your opportunity to share your educational and career plans with the reviewer and make the case why you deserve the scholarship award more so than the next applicant.
- Pay attention to grammar and spelling. Visit the Writing Center or review your application with an instructor, friend or family member.
- Don’t wait until the last day to apply. Students often encounter technical or personal issues that prevent them from submitting the application on time which results in disqualification.
How to apply for Madison College Foundation Scholarships
- Login to your myMadisonCollege account using your Madison College email address
- Once logged in you will see the 'Foundation Scholarships' pagelet, follow this link and apply for scholarship by completing the general application
- After you complete the general application you will be directed to apply for other scholarship opportunities. You will need to answer a few additional questions.
Requirements to apply for scholarships:
- You must complete the Madison College Admissions Application
- You Must have a 2.0 GPA or better
- You must be enrolled in 6 or more credits during the upcoming semester
- You must complete a FAFSA
Applying for external scholarships
Service organizations, associations, foundations, religious organizations, employers, unions and other private organizations offer scholarships to Madison College students.
- Search for opportunities via the askMadisionCollege tool on the College’s home page.
- Ask your friends, family, employer, instructor, etc. if they are aware of any scholarship opportunities that you might qualify for.
- Sign up for the Student Bulletin to receive regular announcements about scholarships and their deadlines.
- Plan ahead, most scholarship application deadlines are 4-6 months prior to the start of a semester.