State Grants

To qualify for state grants you must complete the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have financial need. There are many different sources of Wisconsin state grants available if you meet all of the following eligibility requirements:

  • Be a resident of the state of Wisconsin
  • Have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
  • Be enrolled at least a half time Enrollment Status (6 credits)
  • Be enrolled in an eligible program of study
  • Be registered with Selective Service, if required to register
  • Not exceed eligibility greater than ten semesters, unless otherwise specified
  • Not be listed on the Department of Workforce Development’s statewide Child Support Lien Docket, unless you have an approved payment plan

For more information about any of the state financial aid programs listed below, visit Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board.

Wisconsin Grant
Talent Incentive Grant (TIP)
Minority Undergraduate Retention Grant
Indian Student Assistance Grant
Hearing/Visually Handicapped Program

Questions? Visit askMadisonCollege to view frequently asked Financial Aid questions, submit a Financial Aid Category question, access the Financial Aid Tutorials for step-by-step instructions on related processes, or contact Madison College Financial Aid at (608) 246-6170.