Be the First Student District Board Member
Returning Madison College students can apply to be the first student to serve as a member of the College’s District Board. The selected student will serve in a non-voting role on the board, but will be able to express opinions and preferences on votes and provide valuable student input.
To qualify, a student must:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six credits at Madison College during the fall and spring semester of the one-year term that runs from July 1 through June 30.
- Be a student in good standing and have and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50.
- Reside within the Madison Area Technical College District throughout the one-year term.
- Not hold an elected position with the Madison College Student Senate.
- Be available to participate in business meetings on the second Wednesday of each month beginning at 5:30 p.m. throughout the entire one-year term.
- File the completed application packet by the deadline, including two references from current college staff or faculty.
A full position description and application are available http://madisoncollege.edu/madison-college-student-district-board-member. The application deadline is April 28.
The student member of the District Board will be selected from all eligible applicants through a student election to be held online in the first week of May.
If you have additional questions, please contact Renee at email@example.com.